February 26, 2010

Blood Painted Door, I Shall Pass

Since today is the day of Lent in which we arrive at this point in the Office of Readings, I couldn't resist posting its most metal treatment.




The more time goes by, the more I realize the importance of my discovery of this sort of music in early adolescence. Having realized that there was something better than what most other kids seemed to like, at once it began to dawn on me that the prevailing tastes and ideas around me were not to be trusted automatically as the best thing. I was already set on the path of wanting to renounce the world.

Let us never forget John Chrysostom's insight that the lamb's blood on the doorposts of the Hebrews is the Precious Blood of Christ on the lips of Christians.

1 comment:

Qualis Rex said...

"Make it STOP!"
- Linda Blaire


Otherwise, GREAT post : ) Anytime someone quotes St John Chrysostom they get a thumbs up in my book.