Every year on this holy night I reflect on the grace of itinerancy that the Holy Spirit has given me; only twice in my whole baptism have I been in the same place for the Easter Vigil for more than two years in a row. When I think about the places I've been for the Vigil, it puts me in awe of God and in a state of gratitude for my journey.
Here's my Easter Vigil history:
- 2020: (COVID-19 pandemic, prayed what is provided in the Liturgy of the Hours for qui sollemni Vigilæ paschali non interfuerunt)
- 2019: Basilica of St. Teresa of Ávila, Rome
- 2018: Basilica of St. Camillo de Lellis, Rome
- 2017: Basilica of St. Camillo de Lellis, Rome (in the 25th year of my baptism)
- 2016: Capuchin General Curia, Rome (concelebrant)