October 3, 2008

Happy Feast Day From My Confessor

I just don't see how you can like everybody, but you have to love them, to desire their good. With the mob of guys we have, sometimes I wonder what boat they came in on...and I just don't see how you can like everyone. But you have to love them, and you have to try to order your life in accordance with loving them, washing their feet and making up for their faults and shortcomings--though not their sins. Doing that is what nails you to the Cross each day. That's the cross of fraternity. Find your joy in it and have a happy feast of St. Francis.


These are the words of a wise old friar during my confession before beginning the vigil of the feast of our holy father Francis.

6 comments:

fr. Matt, OFM Conv. said...

beautiful! Thanks for sharing...enjoy the Transitus and the Feast!

friarminor said...

Thanks for sharing the wonderful message, Brother Charles!

Happy Feast Day, too!

Best.
alain

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

That is wise, not only for priests/religious, but for us seculars in fraternity and in family life as well.

Anonymous said...

I know I'm now 16 minutes late, but Happy Feast Day to you!

Brother Charles said...

Thanks, everyone, for the feast day wishes. May our holy father Francis be a light and example to us all!

Gabriel Austin said...

St. Robert Bellarmine said to someone "I will continue you, but as an enemy".