November 28, 2011

New Translation: Supplicants

Reflecting a little more on my first experiences of praying the Mass in the new translation, I have to say that the translation is a shift on the spiritual level. The best I can do in naming it right now is to say that the Mass feels more supplicative. With all of the appearances of humbly and graciously in the various petitions, the restored intensity of the Confiteor, as well as many other and various aspects, the new translation locates the pray-er somewhat differently before God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a question that you might be able to answer, Fr.

Has the Romano-Franciscan sacramentary also been updated or does that still use the 1970 Missal version. Just curious.

Brother Charles said...

I do not know of any update, unfortunately.