August 23, 2009

First Day of Postulancy

Today our new brothers enter the postulancy. Though it's the least meaningful of the various incorporations one goes through in entering religious life on the canonical level, in some ways it is the heaviest transition on the personal, existential level. It's the beginning, and the actual, physical entrance, the 'moving in' to the community.

So in your charity offer a prayer for the peace, discernment, and perseverance of our new brothers. At least one that I know of, Matt of Be Thou My Vision, can be expected to blog his experience.

4 comments:

Matthew Ignatius said...

Thanks for remembering me, brother.

for narnia said...

of course i will keep Matt in my prayers, Fr. C, as i continue to always keep all of you in prayer. PEACE!~tara t~

Anonymous said...

Your brothers will indeed be in my prayers.

Brother Charles said...

You guys should get together and start a group blog for brand new religious!