February 23, 2007

Diameter

There are lots of moments in the course of a religious vocation when you say, either to yourself or someone else, "Back when I was discerning a vocation to religious life, if you had told me I would be doing this as part of it, I wouldn't have believed it." Here's one of those moments:

Here in my house we decided to have adoration of the Blessed Sacrament on Friday nights in Lent. We also thought we could invite locals folks to join us if they wanted; tonight we were going to invite the "Blue Brothers."

But there was a problem. All we have in the house are 2 3/4 inch hosts, and the luna of our monstrance is only 2 1/2 inches in internal diameter. So there I am last night, cutting a quarter inch wide ring off the edge of a wafer.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I've met Fr. Curran and some of the Little Brothers at events at St. Clement's Eucharistic Shrine in Boston (Oblates of the Virgin Mary). They're great guys!

I like the denim habits...

Brother Charles said...

Yeah, they're are a neat bunch of friars.