April 12, 2010

The Next Step in the Journey

So today I get a letter from the Boston College School of Theology and Ministry. After "careful review" of my application, they are offering me admission to the Doctor of Sacred Theology program. The Order asked me to make the application back in the fall. I already checked with my provincial minister, who confirmed that I should accept the offer.

Here I go into transitional mode. Pray for me.

Right now, by Providence, I have to go to the funeral home and so am relieved of the temptation to luxuriate in my anxiety.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations and Prayers, Brother Charles!

pennyante said...

Congratulations! You're already on my list of priests I pray for...

ben in denver said...

Congratulations. Good scholars are so very important to the Church and we have so few of them.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Qualis Rex said...

Wow! Awesome. YOu just NEVER know, do you? My thoughts and prayers are with you. Definitely going to be a much different audience than your day-to-day parishoners.

On a side note, will you have a replacement to continue the Tridentine Liturgy at your parish?

Jennifer said...

While I will be sad if this means you will no longer be able to maintain your blog, I think that is wonderful, and you will continue to be in my prayers! God bless you... and THANK YOU!

A Secular Franciscan said...

Wow. I feel so ... dim!

Congratulations.

Mark D. said...

Congratulations! Will you do working on a Ph.D. in theology or philosophy?

This is a great step forward for you and your ministry. Well done!

for narnia said...

congratulations, Fr. C! you're always in my prayers. i'm happy for you tha you're happy to be going to learn and study more. you will be greatly missed at SH. (don't forget, we still have to have our talk on "spirituality and nutrition" before you leave.) :) PAX! ~tara t~

Dominic Mary said...

COngratulations : and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck and many prayers! Augustinianum is missing out, but no one said you have to stop at one doctorate :)

kam said...

Congrats are in order! And so are prayers.