June 30, 2009

Thanks to Mary

In recent months a lot of my interior energy has gone into a sort of impasse in my ministry, a complicated situation in which I did not know how to proceed well.

The night watchman is on vacation this week, so it fell to me to lock up the church last night. Going in around sundown and turning off the lights, I remembered that I had not yet finished my Crown (I pray the Franciscan Crown on days that I would otherwise give to the joyful mysteries of the Dominican rosary, namely Monday and Saturday.) So before locking up I made a visit to Our Lady's altar to finish my Crown, and I was praying for Mary's intercession in the trouble I'm going through.

Finishing the prayer, I started to close the windows and lock up. That's when a thought came to me, a practical suggestion I could bring to my pastor. Right away I knew it was a good idea and would help clear things up for me inside, but I waited until morning to bring it up. I've learned the hard way to let ideas sit overnight, even when they seem to be direct inspirations or the fruit of the intercession of Our Lady or another of the saints.

Today I brought it up, my idea was accepted, and I feel a lot better. Thank you, Blessed Mother, for your gentle intercession.

8 comments:

Adoro said...

Awesome. I love when that happens!

Been praying for you, Father.

Brother Charles said...

Yes...and I must say thank you who prayed for this intention through Z-chat connections last night!

pennyante said...

Fr. Charles, you've been in my prayers too for several weeks now...

I think it is wonderful when people let you know that they are praying for you. I am always humbled when someone says it to me. It is such a generous thing to do especially since there are so many people in our lives that need that intercession.

And now prayer also extends to our new friends online that we have come to know and care about.

kam said...

That's how it works with The Blessed Mother. Some people don't believe it, but things happen, prayers are answered when we give ourselves to her. You are in my prayers...

Paul A. Zalonski said...

good, happy to hear of a positive resolution. i did pray the rosary for you (& the other friars) the other day. the fruit of the visit. prayerful solidarity is needed. PAX!

Jeanne said...

Do you know how comforting and inspiring it is when you share stuff like this? It helps to know that other people get inspirations like this too. I used to think it was weird when it happened to me, but now I have learned from other Christians and Catholics that this is the way God works - inspiration from within, God breezes or synchronizations, and friends around you inspired to help. It's all God working to answer our prayers. Thanks for sharing things like this with your readers.

for narnia said...

nice sharing, Fr. C! glad to hear that our Blessed Mother Mary has gently interceded in your complicated situation. you are also in my prayers. glad to hear of the positive outcome and that you feel better about things. PEACE to you always! ~tara t~

AAA said...

Lovely Story Father. Always praying an Ave for you.